Wednesday, November 21, 2012

...Isha encouraged me to go to ukays

It all began when Isha encouraged me to go to ukays.

Okay.

So I've decided to put all (well, maybe most) of my first time experiences - my beginnings - in this blog. And for this post, I would like to share something about the time when my fondness for tops and shoes and dresses began.

Actually, I never really expected, and it seems that also the people around me don't expect it, that I could be into fashion - never at all. When I was young (well, I am still young today. hehe), I don't really care what I wear. I'll just grab any shirt and pants or shorts that I have and BAM! Done! But now..... It's quite different. I spend a lot (and I really mean A LOT) of time looking at all my clothes, thinking of what to wear.

Maybe it's already programmed in a girl's nature to be conscious about their looks. Maybe that's why I suddenly transformed from an I-don't-care-what-I-wear-as-long-as-I-can-go-out-and-play girl to an oh-my-gosh-I-don't-have-anything-to-wear-today girl! BUT I'm not saying I'm Kikay, okay? (being defensive, aren't I?) I label a person "Kikay" when she goes out dressed up really nicely AND that includes make up. I, on the other hand, do not wear make up (I don't count powder and lip balm as make up) during casual days, therefore, I am not Kikay. :))

Going back to my point, this fondness of mine just started to appear I think only recently..since I was challenged by the fact that I am going to study in a uniformless university! =) I guess what triggered this soft spot was my astonishment in ukays. All thanks to Isha again. :)) If I remember correctly, she was the one who influenced me to enter the wonderful world of ukays, wagwagans, and stuff like that. She was even more excited than I am when I was about to start college because she said I would be able to mix and match my clothes everyday. Haha. Well, of course, I was not really into that stuff at first. But when the days drew near, I asked for her help. And so she led me to the ukays and helped me cope with the fashion world. And without all her help, and of course, without all the ukays out there, I wouldn't have cared about what I wear. Haha. (Pros and Cons, dude. Pros and Cons...)

Now, all I can say is... THANKS.

No comments:

Post a Comment